1. The marina of Saint-Gilles was a mainly artisanal fishing center. Reunion waters contain a wide variety of fish: capuchin, sea bream, parrot, bonito, marlins or swordfish. Fishmongers are present on the harbor as well as restaurants specializing in fish. From the port, you can practice more than 95% of the existing nautical activities in Reunion Island: surfing, diving, deep-sea fishing, boat trips, discovery of the seabed, sailing, jet skiing, sea kayaking, etc.
2. The Score supermaket is situated at 600 meters from the hotel, it offers everything you’ll need to cook, eat or drink, as well as basic necessities.
3. The site of the Cormorans bassins, although officially closed to the public, is undoubtedly one of the most visited tourist sites on the west coast of Reunion at Saint-Gilles. Especially the 2nd and 3rd basins, names are « Bassin Malheur « and « Bassin des Aigrettes » to the Cormorans.
4. The site of the Savanne around Saint Gilles les bains is extraordinary. In general, the vegetation is dry, the color “yellow” dominates. But it depend of the season, it may be different. Then, during the rainy season, green takes over. You will understand, the savanna is made for you, if you want landscapes and you are not against a small walk. From the hotel, you have privileged access and unique trail departures, circuits of various sizes that will satisfy young and old, experienced hikers and budding explorers. As this area is protected, it is favorable to the observation of the local fauna and flora.
5. The Garden of Eden has a landscaped tropical and ethnobotanical garden offers a guided walk through 2.5-hectare park with 700 species, spices and tropical scents in the heart of Saint-Gilles-les-Bains. A walk in the middle of the bamboos, aquatic plants, collection of geranium, blue flowers, creek of dreams, dye plants, aphrodisiac plants, sacred plants of Hinduism, sea of rush, etc. Workshop for adults, specific thematic animation, workshop for children and temporary exhibitions.